Monday, December 1, 2008

we're home



































Well we are home of course they didn't keep us at the hospital for 6 days. We got out Thanksgiving Day about 430pm and got home and an hour later had a beautiful dinner from my visiting teachers. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. Everyone has been so kind and thoughtful volunteering to come and take the kids, bring meals, I am so blessed. Thanks for the calls of congrats for the new baby. I know I have forgotten to call a few of you ie. Laurie etc, but we are doing fine. Ian Layne Partridge was born 11-25-08 at 656pm 19in and 7lb11oz. The last few nights he has gone to bed around 1000pm and wakes about 2 and again at 6. I really hope that keeps up but know life is not always as I want it. We saw the doc on sat. and he weighed the same as when we were discharged on thurs. I am so happy he hasn't lost weight.
The kids are so cute with him. Ty wouldn't let anyone hold him for a while at the hospital and kept saying my baby. Johnny in the morning before going to the hospital, reached as high on my belly as he could and did circular rubs saying, I love you and cant wait to give you kisses, and when he saw the picture, he was so excited and was telling the family, my brother is here, and I love him so much. Adam is wonderful and wants to hold him all the time. He is so gentle and kind to everyone and no exception for Ian. Sam is a big help and loves to hold him and has done so for an hour without wanting to let him go after the hour was up.

The labor took longer than I expected. With Ty, I received the petosin, at 9 and had him 3 hrs later. With Ian I got the petosin at 9 and had him at almost 7. I was impatient.

Joe got me a mint hot chocolate from starbucks and I think I'm addicted. the kids were jealous and I told them they could have their own hot chocolate when we got home but no one in the car gave birth to a baby but me and I needed a treat. I think it worked for a few minutes until I took another sip of it and they asked for hot coco again.

I have had a very nice time having Joe home for the week. I was able to sleep anytime I wanted and Joe helped the house stay clean. I really loved that the house was clean when I got home from the hospital and while Joe has been home. It's sure been nice to not worry about it.

I can't wait to have my mom come and the kids are so excited too. They miss all the friends and family they know and they think of you often.