Tuesday, December 30, 2008

so much

I have gone too long w/o writing. I put a draft in my drafts, and never finished or liked what I was saying so I never published it.

We had a wonderful Christmas. Joe has been home every night since Ian was born, and I have been preoccupied with all of us home. We went to our friends house Christmas Eve and Day and had such a wonderful time with them. They have kids all pretty much the same age and we, the adults get a long. They are such wonderful hosts. We also went out with them yesterday for dinner for my b-day. ( a day early). It was a late night, but worth it. I know our friends will get sick of us soon. We will have gotten together 4 times over the holidays before its through.

We spent the day with Joe on a job he was helping to remove a tree for a guy we know that hurt his shoulder. ( i had to stop and save this draft and this is where i can pick back up) I gave the deposit to a house we found to rent. It is 2times as big and on acreage, play set, 2 car garage. I am so excited. I am worried that the lake in the front yard is a temptation. I will never be able to trust the kids with it. We move in when Joe gets back form California in 2 weeks. A great birthday present. (had to stop typing again, picked backup here)

Joe will be visiting Sacramento for 2 weeks, and visiting his Harston relatives in Georgetown and his cousin Evan that will be only a mile from where he will be in a hotel for that time. He will be staying by the sunrise mall for all of you in Cali.

Ian is growing like a weed, two weeks ago I weighed him and he gained 5 lbs. I haven't weighed him lately, but know those chubby cheeks are a sign of chub. He still eats every 4 hrs, sleeps well, is very noisy, grunts all the time in his sleep. Its cute but hard to sleep through. I am not ready to put him too far away, to get better sleep.

I had a good talk with my grandma and enjoy talking with her. I feel bad my kids can be so noisy sometimes. I don't want to get off the phone, but the house is too small to really get away, so phone calls tend to be short. Another reason I cant wait to get a bigger place. I really wish I could be of help for them . My kids are really wanting to write people they love and Email is one of the ways they like to do it. I have only done Sam and her friend Lauren, and Adam and my mom. We started my grandparents but I think I might have the wrong address. I thought Adam talking to his ggpa might be easier to do than the phone. kids are hard to understand on the phone. (and no loud noises in the background) I know I have tons of kids, but kids love to be with older people and I really think older people love to hold little kids. I remember being little and sitting on my grandparents laps for a long time. I really think the time spent together was mutually beneficial. But I know with their health, it can be hard to find the time and energy. like it took me over 2 weeks to make 2 posts.oh well. I love my grandparents, I just wish I was closer to help.


Joe got his bear rug, a few days ago. He is just a beautiful as I remember. We tool picts, but they don't do it justice.

oh I wanted to share Sammi's picture she drew for a contest. I live it it has a lot of details. its the first time she could enter. only open for 3-5 graders. And put Christmas picts up and some of the house. ok ill post them later, not able to upload.. dumb system!!!