Before my Mom came I went to a violin concert of Sam's. It was very nice her school was the firs to perform. The boys sat in the back row and were very good for the first hour and a half. I stood the whole time and became very tired. So did the boys. That long into the performance, and the concert was only half over. I went and got her off the stage and explained we were tires and the boys were getting out of control. I didn't know what to expect when we got there and the people around us told me that it is usually over in 1 hr. Sammi cried for a long time and then finally understood. I could have stayed in the hall with the boys and waited for the concert to be over, but I was too tired to do that. I'll share a bit of the concert when I download the video.
I really didn't start to get into the Christmas spirit for quite a while. I think I am too tired to really have any emotion for much. I also think not going to church for a few weeks contributed. Kids being sick, and then having Ian, I don't like to go to church for a while. I went last week and taught the class. I really think that was good for me. I was tired after, but I don't think I was any more tired than usual. I cant wait to change schedules in January. Our schedule is form 1230-330 and kids are so tired.
I think I really want to do something great for Christmas. Like volunteer some where, or donate for a good cause. Then I look at myself and say I am volunteering at home and doing good for my family. I just want to not think of just me. I think also that next year I wont just have had a baby, kids will be a little older, or maybe in a few more years I can really involve all my kids better. I know I am in the small kid stage and really will never have this time again. I just want to instill in all my kids early to care for others. I know that they do care for others now and doing the things at Christmas time wont matter in the long run. I know that at this time of year it becomes more prevalent to do good deeds, and good can be done all year. I realize I dont have the energy to even go to the kids Christmas party. I don't think they even do things here. You cant even give gifts, or call it christmas break at school. How lame!! In Wyoming the kids exchanged mittens, and had a big play day the day before break, they also had 3-4 recesses. Here only one, and when its cold,25, inside recess, sitting at your desk. double lame!
Joe has been home since Ian was born. It sure is nice. I really appreciate him being home every night. I was having a stressful time with the noise level and getting a bad headache, He came home and started the car for me, got me a starbucks hot chocolate and put a beautiful cd in the car and told me to get out ot the house. I love that. I unwound and felt much better. the quiet car was wonderful. we ate pizza and watched a movie together. So nice.
I am making candy and i really think that helps put me in the mood for Christmas. I havent delivered any yet, I need to before all of it gets eaten by everyone here. All the shopping is done... Not joe though. He is so hard to buy for! If I had tons of money I know what I would get him that he needs, but in my price range, nothing seems to be right. I know what ever I get him will be appreciated, better than nothing.
I got my cards sent out. If you didnt get one email me your address, and Ill send you one. I have more.