Saturday, October 4, 2008

bike ride

Last weekend we went for a nice hike around a lake in the state park. We have a season pas there but I lost it. We love being out side and the kids never seem to want to stop. Even when we were hiking in the Smokies, in really rugged trails advanced hiking, they only stopped because Joe and I thought it was getting tough. We were hiking for about 40 min. and only passing people that were week hikers and they were stunned all the kids were in the lead. This last weekend was nothing like that, just a nice 1.5 mile walk around the lake, with a few stairs to climb. no boulders to scale.
We went on a nice bike ride today. We decided to buy a bike chair for Ty to sit in. We put it on the bike when we got to the trail. That was frustrating. Its going back. Id much rather spend the money and get something I'll use for a long time. I was wanting to save $ again and I have really begun to believe buy it once more money, more likely I wont break it or it wont need to be replaced. The same with furniture, bookshelves buy a solid wood one and it wont break when you move. The seat thing worked fine. I know I will want to get a trailer later and why settle.
We had a great time biking, Johnny constantly looks around I think he doesn't want to get hit, and petals as fast as he can most of the time. I didn't get much of a wkout mostly coasted. The belly is getting in the way a little. I don't have a road bike I really have to lean over. Mtn bike not meant I think for leisure rides on flat smooth surfaces. Yes I did resist jumping my bike. I also didn't clip in just in case the slow going had to come to a fast stop.haha Adam usually leads the way and Sam was right with him. I am so glad she is getting so good at riding. Tyler would smile when he would pass me. I think he enjoyed riding the bike too. I really enjoy being outside. The weather is still nice here. getting to the 50s some nights but the days are still nice. I am excited to have a much milder winter here than I have had for years.
On John and Kate plus 8 Kate said once she couldn't keep up with all the picts anymore. I have never done well, but it's getting frustrating, both beautiful places we have been the last few wkends, I didn't have the camera. I need to hire someone to go to the fun times we have and take picts for me.