Thursday, September 25, 2008

visit with the fam

This past weekend I went to Utah and visited with my family. The plane trip was good but I had a head cold and my ears popped and hurt the entire time. When I landed in Utah my right ear didn't pop. I had a sore throat and talking was difficult. I couldn't hear Layne very well and Layne couldn't hear me very well either. What a site.

I went to the Temple with Cory It was so nice to go with him. I have only had my mom to go with in the family members and It was so nice to have another family member to go with. I would have loved to have Amber there too but maybe next time I'm in town. My Mom Amber and Josh were in a 5 K and they did so well. I am so excited they all did so well. My Mom placed 1st in the women overall, Amber 1st in her age, and I think Josh came in 3rd in his age.

I had such a wonderful time. I have never been anywhere without the kids. I know I was different and easier to talk to. Except I had a head cold that I felt awful the whole time. I thought it was a sinus infection, but the antibiotics didn't help at all, and I am now starting to feel a little better. My ears still pop and have a lot of pressure and I cant swallow very well, and I cough. But I can talk better and my throat doesn't hurt so much.

For my brothers farewell, Whitney and I kind of forced everyone to sing as a family for the farewell. I felt bad that I didn't even have a bit of singing voice to lend to the song. Cory had a wonderful talk he gave. I really have not heard him speak so much. I loved hearing really how he understands the gospel, and can articulate that. I am so glad I came to be there for him I really have great memories and excited to see him in a few years and see the difference in him too.

My mom and Layne had a wonderful lunch for about 80 people after and it was wonderful to see family again. My Dad was there. The times I am there never gives enough time to do all that I want, and I didn't get to see him but a little before church and for the lunch social and there was a lot of people for to much one on one time. I am glad I was able to see him then.

We had a lot of time at Mom's house to socialize and I loved it. Getting to spend the time with all my sisters for so long and with Cory was wonderful. I really wish I could have felt good. Oh well I tried my best.

Joe had a great time with the kids. I think they all really needed the time with him, just him. I think we all appreciate each other more.

I read the Midnight Sun on the Internet. of course it's not finished and will not be but I enjoyed it very much. Of course we all wish Stephenie Meyer would finish any way. I know we would still pay full price to read the book. There is so much left to the story. Well I cant think of that anymore.

The kids are great. Sammi keeps forgetting her home work because she talks at the wrong time. I really think she will get in trouble soon.I don't blame them. I don't remember if I said she is taking violin lessons. She is so excited. I need to get Adam in something like soccer or something. He wants to do something too. Johnny is having fun with me at home. we haven't done a lot of school yet I don't have the school curriculum and don't feel up to making my own up at the moment. Tyler is fun but sick at the moment. He constantly sits on my lap and wants my undivided attention. Adam stayed home sick today. I really hope this cold doesn't spread around the house. It seems to be staying long. I also don't want an er trip in the middle of the night because someone cant breathe.