Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trunk-or-Treat


Tyler and his "girlfriend"

Sammi's good friend


Adam's good friend







Sammi decided to be a pioneer since she forgot her witch costume at school on Friday. She had a good friend that had an extra costume. She fit right in with their family's theme. Look, the pioneers even took along a mouse. I bet they took those with them for real all the time.



I should have had Sam step in with their photo. Fun



Crazy running man Joe, and little mouse.



Jasper



Our social mouse


Sick pioneer


Sam, Ian and John about ready for some chili.



Johnny needs a shave. What do you expect from a pirate?


When I was a teenager, I had really long, light brown/blond hair and was bone strait. Those that knew me then would probably not think that this costume is a far stretch from the look I had everyday. The people I know here all had to do double takes and some people didn't know who I was. Very funny.
I love trunk or treat. We don't have to go up and down neighborhoods to get candy. I know everyone in the group and kids are in a safe environment and wont get run over by cars in the hustle to get their stash of candy. The bonus this year is that we weren't going to go anywhere on Sunday but to church. So, this was the best thing for our family. We got plenty of candy and all had a wonderful time.
I love dressing up. Being someone I am not, have imagination, creative in the process of figuring out what to wear, etc. In our home we have costumes and play all the time. I love that the kids want to play and find sometimes the simplest thing and play for hours with it.
Have a wonderful holiday season.

Woops, I forgot this was below where I wrote, Joe and all the long locks.