5th grade
John Kindergarten
Adam 3rdBoy, I have been busier than I thought. Not keeping up on posting has been not good. How am I to even remember all that has occurred in the last month?
One of the funnest things that we had the privilege to do is have my Grandma Doris come for four days. boy she arrived a month ago and I didn't write about it...We got to spend time talking, visiting the kids at school, and shopping in our downtown stores. I ended up getting really sick one night and had to go to the doctor and that was a blessing she was here, she watched the kids for us. I know it was stressful, Tyler was a real handful and acted out like he was a wild man. Grandma told me what he was doing and I have never seen him EVER act like that. Sorry Grandma!! I had labs drawn and a few days later got the results and my blood work came back fine. just some weird fluke of the flu or something that came and went so quickly. It had all of us stumped.
Having Grandma here was such a joy. We all enjoyed her company so very much. I finally felt like we were able to get to know each other even with all the kid interruptions. I loved hearing the stories she shared with me about her family and about her past. I got to know more about my Dad's father and will be asking to see pictures when I go to see my Dad this year. I am very glad she took the time to visit us. Next time she will need to have an open ended stay, and just stay for as long as she wants.
I posted the picture proofs of the kids school pictures. I wanted you to see what they look like at the moment. They are growing so much. I love who they each are becoming. It makes me so happy. Scary, Sammi has been "asked out" by two boys now, and I am proud of her and love how she reacts to the boys who like her. "I cannot date until I am 16". Even when the boys try to tell her to keep it a secret and not to tell me, she said, "no way" and tells me as soon as she walks in the door from school. I told her it is flattering that boys like her, and I ask her what she thinks of the boys who tell her to lie to me? She said," if the boys are pushing me to do something that you don't want me to do, those boys I wouldn't like because they obviously don't really like me. They also don't know me very well to want me do disobey my parents!" YES!!! She does like a boy at school don't get me wrong, she likes him because he is a good kid at school and is respectful, and also tells kids not to use bad language. I love that Sammi is still playing at school. So many kids in 5th grade want to stand around looking older and have no imagination. Some kids at school started teasing her for playing dragons, and playing on the school equipment. She came back telling them they are only in 5th grade and it was FUN! A couple of days later some of those kids she saw playing at recess, and she smiled.
Adam is doing great at school. He is really not challenged at school, A+ on most of his work. He was doing some 4th grade work last year, and tells me he learned most of this work in 1st grade. He is completely bored. He loves the social stuff at school. loves gym and recess most of all. He earned his wolf in cub scouts and is enjoying doing cub scouts with Dad as his leader. He has been earning badges, belt loops and beads galore. We have a great cub scout den leader, and are really enjoying it as a family. Adam is also being a great example at school. He has been getting awards almost every day. The teachers notice how out of the way he goes to help others when he thinks no one is looking, in a variety of different ways. He love the recognition, and I think he really thrives on helping others, rewards are a bonus to him. He has even given the rewards to others because they don't have one. So sweet.
Johnny is loving kindergarten. 60 kids in his class all together. So I haven't been able to go visit like I was able to do with Sam and Adam. I know I have more kids, but I need to go in once in a while. Johnny comes home tired sometimes. The kids wake up at 545 and he has school full day everyday. He is loving learning to read and write. he said he doesn't get enough time to play with his friends. Sooo sad :( hehe. I think Jack likes being with John, I have found Jack sleeping on his bed some nights, with his head on John's legs. cute.
Tyler is having fun. We are having 2 kids over about 2-3 days a week while their mom subs at school. Tyler and the girl his age, are great friends and tell each other they love each other all day long. They get along great. Ty is very talkative and really carries on conversations very well. His health is great and is growing very tall. He is also very loving to others.
Ian is learning to share. I am very happy with the kids coming over, the boys are a few months apart and love the same toys so sometimes they want the same toys at the same time. That is fun drama! But both boys are learning and I like that they are doing better every day. Ian is speaking slowly but is getting better with his speech. when everyone just gives him what he wants without asking for it, speech gets delayed. A few months ago he was sitting in his chair and at dinner he said, "I want salt too". So I know he can talk when he wants to. My baby is growing so much. He is no longer my baby, time flies!! I know that is what everyone says even when the baby is 30.
Joe is going to get an insulin pump. We feel it will help regulate the blood levels better. We decided to also get the model that comes with a separate device that monitors the level of sugar in the blood constantly. It has an alarm if he starts to go too low. I think that will be helpful since he has had a few lows while sleeping.
I get frustrated at the order of my pictures. I wanted the pictures of GG and us to be first, and I cant move the arrangement very frustrating.
We went to my friends cabin about and hour and a half away last week. We had a blast. We needed to do it in the middle of the week because it was their last time out there because they will be going back to the Philippines in a few weeks. We will all miss them very much. I have really loved getting to know Ruby. She is a good person and I love the testimony she has of the gospel. Glen and the kids, Rhea 11 and JP 12, are such great friends, I know the kids will miss each other. The kids might not come back next year. I think it kind of gets hard to miss so much of school, and to home school the other part when they are here. Thank you for having us out to the cabin. It was so beautiful, and peaceful.