Wednesday, September 8, 2010

last of summer and back to school 10

Probably the picture I would send out to everyone for Christmas. Since we now don't have a photographer/friend where we live.:( Well we had some better of everyone else, but Tyler was lying upside down and face in my lap for the rest.
Fun to have another picture of Joe and I. I liked this one.

Mom and Layne came and we went to Crater Lake and had tons of fun. Lots of driving for the weekend, but we enjoyed the time together in the car. We had 2 cars so we would take turns where we would sit to talk to each other.


Grandma and Grandpa with 4 of the kids.

The dark blue is the clouds on the water. the water is so clear. Maybe we will hike to the water next time.


First day of school Sam, 5th grade, Adam 3rd grade. Johnny will start next week.


A few weeks ago, Joe took this deer on the first day of archery. A good amt of meat in the freezer.


Grandma and Grandpa with Tyler in the redwoods. We also went to the beach and didn't seem to remember the camera there. Too bad we had some fun moments there.
We had a wonderful Memorial weekend with my mom and Layne. They drove 12 hours here and spent 3 days here and we drove to the redwoods, coast and to crater lake. We drove about 2 hours each direction. I know we had a lot of driving but the time together was really fun and beats sitting at home all day.
I am so glad they took the time to come out here. Living far from family can sometimes be hard expecially in getting to know eachother. The kids grow so much and if too long of time passes, the younger kids forget those they have met. Sometime we will live closer to family again. I am really glad we got to see them and really miss them.
We had a wonderful summer with all the adventures locally and hopefully many more memories to come.
Kids went back to school yesterday and had a great time. I was a little nervous, kind of like sending off the kindergardner, excitement was also a strong emotion I felt for them. I hope they enjoy this school as much as they did in Wyoming.