Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bagles

I love the fact that I can find beautiful Gluten free foods in the store for Tyler. I love the fact they look just like the real thing so he doesn't feel left out. The down side is when he finds the real ones and thinks they are his. A few weeks ago he had an English muffin and loved it and then took a bite of one that wasn't his. I know I must confuse him, because sometimes I'll make GF corn bread, GF garlic biscuits, even cake or muffins that we all eat. I just feel bad when he has helped himself and then it hurts his body.
I loved seeing his face this morning when I gave him his first bagel with cream cheese. It made me a little teary. He looked at me with big eyes while he was chewing and lovingly said DELICIOUS!!! I guess I get so moved because I think that we all can take it for granted the things we eat and to really find something that tastes so good GF has been hard to find. Now I really need to perfect the art of making my own flour so it wont break the bank to get the flour I need to make him good food.