Tuesday, March 29, 2011

olympic penincula

 This is at a park in Redmond where I met up with an old friend sierra and her 7 boys. We had a great time letting the kids play and getting reacquainted.
 We were in bellevue this last weekend for a conference joe attended for work. We really wanted to take a different way home and visit the Olympic peninsula, the rain forest and the ocean. So we went  on a ferry across the puget sound and had great time on the ferry. We walked all around and took some pictures of course while on board.
 looking out over the front of the ship. truly remarkable and beautiful ship.

 Here is a look that I think amber would enjoy. He has been doing this lately for no real reason. It usually sticks out further but I think I got the picture at the wrong time.

 The first picture I got of him is where I could see all the way down his throat. I told him to close his mouth and this is what I got. much better.
 The picture I got of this one was where he was winking at me. That has been something he does since h learned how on his birthday. I again wanted a nice picture, and asked for him to not wink for the next picture, he obliged.
 The fun picture of them all in a row.
 Rain coming down and playing on the top. we pretty much had the top to ourselves. I wouldn't want to make that commute everyday. Expensive and boring if it was done all the time I bet.
 joe and i got out at this beautiful lake to take a picture. it was such a peaceful lake. I bet not so much in the summer. It was perfectly smooth water, I wanted to ski on it so badly!
 Hiking in the hoh rain forest.
 These guys were so strong, they were able to hold up this tree.




 I should have kept the camera on fast movements, darn.
 ty has very cold feet. he was jumping in every puddle and halfway through the hike he was just miserable. we went to the store and got everyone rubber boots when we got to town. their shoes didn't dry out for 2 days.
 walking down to la push beach
 beach 2 on la push. about 1 and a half mile hike in. Joe had no sugar besides some lifesavers in his pocket and was going low on our way back to the car. did I mention, that was the sunset? the lifesavers really did what their name says. he was ok and then we went to the store and got a little bag together that carries sugar and a meter for him to carry when he gets out of his car. I was ready to run back to the car and get help if needed but I am glad that wasn't necessary!
 kind of too far away but a fun family photo

ok so here is the most recent family photo
We had a wonderful time in washington. we went on the ferry, and hiked the hoh rain forest, went through  port angeles, la push and stayed in forks. we saw some crazy twilight fans and really had an enjoyable trip together. we are grateful to our friends who watched our dog and 2 chickens. I will get pictures of them soon.