Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Garden

Well I love having a garden. I forget to go check under all the leaves some times and get 5 lb zucchini. I don't remember what type of carrots I planted, so they are small. and raccoons are destroying the corn. I really do LOVE to garden. I can walk out there and see all the hard work of preparing the soil, and all the loads of soil, fertilizer, and sod cutting, let alone all the weeding, and planting and then replanting because I pulled some plants out when I weeded, and bring inside bounty that came from a few seeds. I have been sharing with some neighbors that wanted to have a garden but didn't want to plant over the septic system that covered their yard and also 2 more neighbors. I have been able to freeze a lot and will be doing more really soon. I also love when the kids help me outside.
I love it when the kids eyes get really big and say, "is all that from our garden?" Or Ty making machine gun noises as he picks up huge zucchini, cucumber, carrots, or green beans. It all makes me smile.
Except those raccoons!








some flowers that grew in the planters around the house

I think this carrot reminds me of a charactor in a movie called Spirited Away, a spirit they called the radish spirit.