I really don't like posting about two thing the same day but I have a little time and need to write a few things about Tyler.
Tyler has grown steadily for the past 2 yrs and never lost weight and still continues to grow. I know not like my other kids and I thought that is just how some kids are. He always seemed to get sick first and rarely has he had a solid diaper. Rarely meaning probably 10 times. I always have to change him right away of fear of blow outs. Sorry gross I know! Anyway... I had some blood work done on him to check for some stuff that could possibly be allergies and stuff. He got a positive test result back on Celiac Disease.
Celiac is gluten intolerance. The intestines are damaged by gluten and don't allow the body to absorb among many other things. So Tyler can no longer eat anything that has gluten in it. Some examples are wheat, barley and rye. Look next time on a package and see what ingredients are in the package and most foods he cannot eat.
I am trying to not get overwhelmed. I will have to bring snacks for him in primary, on road trips etc just for him. He loves oreos, fish crackers, pretzles, you know all the things he no longer can eat. He was our picky eater before... now this will be interesting. And be careful to not go where people have free cookies and stuff :) Probably potlucks are out:)
I know it sounds weird, but in the last few days of cutting out gluten from his diet, he doesn't seem to have deep dark circles around his eyes. He also seems to have more energy.
I am really relieved to know what it is. I am blessed to have it be treated fairly easily. I am excited for him to feel better and to really start to put on the pounds. if you want to know more I like celiac.com.