
I love having my kids home. I love the interaction they have with each other and how they teach one another things and resolve problems. I love how each one is so unique. I love watching each one play alone or together.
I was watching Tyler play on the playground the other day, swinging on his belly on the swing, and his feet running beneath him. Running around to the slide, head first going down, getting up brushing the non existing dirt off his pants, and then taking the rocks and putting them on the slide. Then going to the rings and holding them with his feet off the ground for about 5 sec. and doing this over and over. I giggled a few times watching him and amazed at what those little bodies can do. He got really frustrated with the trike. he cant reach the petals very well and when he would push it, it would go around in circles.
I watched John ride down the hill on his bike and laughing all the way. Pushing the bike back up most of the hill because he couldn't ride it all the way up. Doing this for an hour and never seeming to tire. Johnny watched a neighbor boy do wheelies on a motorcycle across the street today and a huge smile came to his face and stayed for a long time. He told me later that when he gets his training wheels off his bike he will have to get a motorcycle and try that too. (they will never come off now!) :)
Adam takes to sports so easily. He loves riding his bike and monkey bars are his favorite. Since we don't have monkey bars only rings, Adam will hang upside down for minutes at a time. I really think he would do well at Gymnastics. maybe we will do that this year. Adam has gone up and down our hill tons of times and rests only for a sip of water, or to bounce a basket ball trying not to hit my car. :}
Sammi loves to ride her bike but the perfectionist in her gets frustrated. I have decided to let her be alone and practice riding w/o me around. I think I try to give her ideas of how to do something that I think would be easier and she is just not ready. She plays SO nicely with her brothers. I love her interactions when she is outside being Tyler's Magnet. When Tyler is outside she can't leave his side. I know at times she gets frustrated, but I love it when I see her teaching him something new and enjoys being in charge. When she is in charge and the boys want to play.. she smiles and is so patient with everyone. She made Leprechaun hats for the boys yesterday and gave them all green faces. Ty ripped his up, but she expected that. I love it.
I know I will have some stressful moments this Spring Break, but I really do love having my kids around, and they bring so much joy to my life.