Sammi won 1st place for the annual Arbor Day celebration art contest that Joe's work offers to all the employees kids or grandkids 3-5 grade and 6-8 grade. the 3-5 graders have art work, the 6-8 graders have an essay. She has won a savings bond of $500 and will be able to accept that at a banquet dinner in March. They will also give her art in a frame to keep. We are very excited for her and Sammi I think is the most excited.
When she opened the letter, she said Mom I see Dad's name on a paper. I said read from the beginning. She realized it was for her and then saw that she one 1st place and started screaming. She told her brothers all that money wasn't money she could spend now, it was for when she went to college. I told her it will be a special time she will have only with Mom and Dad (and Ian) and the boys will go to a sitter. I think she was happiest about that.