Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Dad came to visit

My Dad came to Indiana. He came with his girlfriend and her daughter. They are very nice. The kids and I met then here and went to the park so the kids could ride their bikes. Sam fell a lot and sried a lot. We just got home from St Louis and ate some lunch. 6 hrs in a car is tiering. We went to a chinese rest. for dinner and came home and showed GP Sam's baptism video. Then they left. We went the next day to go visit them and Nancy's Moms property is sure beautiful. Someday... We went to the fair and the kids went on rides. Sam went on some rides I thought she would never go on and most I didn't want her to go on. My heart was beating probably just as fast as hers on some of them. I was fine, she was with people I trusted and they fely comfortable with the responsibility. I just don't trust carni rides. The had tons of fun on the bumper cars and John drove his. He loved it and could have stayed there all day. Adam loved seing Grandpa almost hurl on the one ride I made him go on with the kids. I really think they could all have. Johnny wanted to go on one last ride and we were too late he was so sad.
We went back and fished at the lake for a while it rained while we fished. we didn't catch anything but we all had tons of fun and loved getting cooled off by all the rain.
The next day Joe joined us and we went back out to Nancy's Mom's house for a lovely bbq and met some of her family. They are really nice. Her mom crochets blankets they are amazing. I am glad Joe got to see my dad and and glad he got to meet Nancy. It is nice to have him meet her. It is very nice to have people meet face to face. I thing that is also why my dad came out. I really enjoyed seeing my dad and I know the kids enjoyed it too. I didn't talk to him as much as I'd like to but life has so many distractions, mine seem to be all under age 8.