we went on a lovely vacation to Tennesee. We went to a hotel for the first few days because we didn't know where to go in the Smokies. We didn't realize it was the same town as Dollywood. It felt like Vegas on the strip and not a relaxing vacation like we wanted. We were able to get to the mountains, and it rained pretty much the entire time. We decided to spend the last two nights in a hotel in Ashford North Carolina. It is beautiful all over there. We went there to see the Biltmore. It is the largest home in America. It was amazing to see. Four acres of just home and on 9000 acres. I have pictures of our trip but Joe has the camera.
I am so glad we went the kids didn't care that the weather was awful. They sat in the rain sitting on wet chairs just having fun out side. They got upset when we told them we were going to pack up and head to a hotel. They asked if we could camp when we got to the hotel. I think they forgot about camping when we jumped in the pool. We had great bonding time and it was so needed. Joe saw how obsessed Adam can be. All Adam talked about was carving, pocket knifes, making a pocket knife out of wood.... We had a talk about letting our minds think of other things and to block out things that can be distracting. I really think he got it. Then and hour would pass and he would bring up it again and Sam would say is that a distraction to what we are doing right now? I love those little helpers. When we got to the hotel the tv came on before the pool time and Adam said to Joe, no distractions now turn that off we are going to go swimming and he wasn't about to miss a time in the pool.