Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter










We did our pictures on Saturday and the egg hunt then too. Joe had to leave so the day was packed with things to do. I had fun taking pictures of the kids. It was a very cold day for the outfits I picked out. I think that is how it goes. It really isn't warm yet but everyone expects it to be.


We went to Janae's house for dinner on Sat. and had a wonderful time. The kids enjoyed playing with each other and doing an egg hunt. Since the ground was very wet, the kids either slipped and fell in mud, or on purpose went in the mud. Either way it was messy. I was glad we went and had a great time.

Sunday was good. I went to church and got there early. The only spot was the front center row.:) We made it for the first 30 min and then Ian started screaming. I left the kids there and took care of Ian. I came back and Adam is rocking himself in Ian's car seat. I get them settled down again... so I thought. I ended up taking everyone out in the hall, and a friend came out and helped me. The speaker started talking about how even through spit up on her shirt, being a Mom was wonderful, having a sacrificing husband... that is all I heard and could take, I looked at my friend and walked out of the front door with tears in my eyes. I took a few deep breaths and walked back in. I think getting tears out and going outside for fresh air was what I needed. I went back and felt much better. Sometimes I want to just skip Sacrament mtng. It is so hard to keep 5 kids quiet for an hour by myself. I know that I have good Sundays and it seems so easy. Usually I am not on the front row, but the last row in the gym isn't any better. I guess I just wanted a good day being Easter and all. I go because I know it teached my kids so much. When we went in the hall everyone sat and were quiet in their seats. I guess they all knew I was at the end of my rope.

After being in the hall for the remainder of the hour, the rest of the day went very well. Relief Society was a wonderful lesson and I really enjoyed the 1st Pres. msg for Easter. I told Joe to watch it when he could. You can watch it if you want,go to LDS.ORG Easter msg. JefferyRHolland.

After church we went to the Cheney's for dinner. It was a wonderful dinner and wonderful company.
I will post more Easter picts when I have more time.