Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sammi got baptized




Sammi was baptized yesterday. It was so beautiful. I got together with a friend here, and she helped me make a video of some of the pictures I could find of her and a few songs. She loves it and we watched it together three times and I think she watched it a dozen or so times by herself. When we watched it together she got very emotional, and started to cry. She said she was crying because of all those great memories. Of course Joe or I didn't have dry eyes either.



She had great support from the people we have met here. I really think I am making some great friends. Sammi's friend Tori gave her a beautiful necklace. Her dress I made her was beautiful on her. (thanks for the help Jen and Mom) I am glad I had help, the pattern was pretty complex. The primary gave her a towel with her name ctr and date of baptism it's beautiful. Grandma and grandpa got her a set of scriptures, she loves it and is wanting to take up a challenge our bishop gave of reading the book of Mormon. I'm so glad she felt it was an important thing for her to do. Johnny wanted to get baptized yesterday because he loves her so much and wants to do what she does. I am very glad to have her in our family, she is so wonderful.