Friday, May 30, 2008

we are getting settled


well we are in a two and a half bed one bath house for now. It sure feels good to not be in a hotel anymore. Well the last week we were at a house of a family in the ward here. They had 2 rooms that we stayed in. Joe wasn't there very long so it was a little easier since the room had only a twin bed. when Joe was there we squeesed a double air mattress in the small room.
We were able to get in this house and have half of our stuff in here so far. we have all the beds, table, tv, couch. the bear essentials. I can't find all of the utinsels, knifes, cables for the tv and lots of stuff that are the parts to put things together. I hope to get my stuff out of storage. I need to bug bomb the cellar. I hate cellars. scary spiders that look like crickets, and I saw some fungi that looks like black fingers coming up under the stairs. It sure gets imagination flowing. I have to smile and say its ok, and act calm while my kids are with me. My heart it almost jumping out of my chest. I was trying to figure out what kind of stuff is down there and can't find anything! I don't want to put any food down there if it could make my food toxic.
I know I'm being silly but I will have to go down there if the sirens go off for tornadoes. I will have chairs, water, food, blankets, lights and stuff down there ready.
I like Indiana. The people are nice. I have noticed more men are more aware here. Like opening the door , or taking the cart at the grocery store. in Wyoming, people would watch me struggle to open the door with kids in my hands, or trying to get through a door with a stroller. its just nice not to have to struggle to open the door.
The kids are doing great. they are playing out side everyday. the house has a very nice fenced backyard. I really think the house is great. I know we will enjoy being here for this time. we love and miss all of you.
oh Tyler walked on his own yesterday. He likes to only walk between Joe and I he will go around the kids to get to us. he loves to have everyone clap for him. If we forget.. because he has been walking for 20 min straight he will remind us by clapping for himself. I really think he could have been walking for a while but lacked motivation. he walked five steps the first time between Joe and I. so we backed way up the next pass and he really didn't struggle.
well ill let you know when I know more love ya